Forum Fremdsprachen English American politics

English American politics

Karl
Karl
Administrator

American politics
geschrieben von Karl

Hope is back. I really enjoyed listening to the "Kaffeeklatsch" of Robert Reich.

Karl

Ingrid60
Ingrid60
Mitglied

RE: American politics
geschrieben von Ingrid60
Was für ein Glück, dass ich nicht in den USA leben muss.

Ingrid60 
Karl
Karl
Administrator

geschrieben von Karl
als Antwort auf Karl vom 10.08.2024, 17:42:12

Obama is always good to practice your English. This was last night his speech at the Convention of the Democratic Party. He mocked Trump, but listen yourself:

Karl

Anzeige

chris33
chris33
Mitglied

geschrieben von chris33
als Antwort auf Ingrid60 vom 10.08.2024, 18:53:21

Liebe Ingrid 60! 

Ich antworte dir auf Deutsch, da ich vermute, dass du Englisch nicht verstehst.

Es mag zwar leicht sein, aufgrund der aktuellen politischen Situation eine solche Aussage zu machen, aber es ist wichtig zu bedenken, dass kein Land frei von Problemen ist. 😇
​​​​​​

Bevor man solche Aussagen trifft, waere es hilfreich, sich  intensiver mit der Materie auseinanderzusetzen und auch die Perspektiven derjenigen zu verstehen, die hier leben. 

Chris33 

chris33
chris33
Mitglied

geschrieben von chris33
Hope is back. I really enjoyed listening to the "Kaffeeklatsch" of Robert Reich.

Karl
geschrieben von Karl
Hope is essential, and I'm optimistic  that real change will follow.

Let's keep believing in progress! 

Chris33 
aixois
aixois
Mitglied

geschrieben von aixois

In good Denglish : I hope that it happens very soon to Trump of what we mean by the idiom : his " ass goes to ground ice" .... 😅

Anzeige

Ingrid60
Ingrid60
Mitglied

geschrieben von Ingrid60
als Antwort auf chris33 vom 21.08.2024, 19:41:27
Guten Abend liebe Chris,

du hast Recht, mit meinem Touristenenglisch komme ich nicht weit. Für unseren Amerikabesuch hat es dennoch gereicht.😊

Ich sage ganz klar: in den USA möchte ich nicht leben. 
Das muss DIR nicht gefallen und es ist nicht nötig, dass du dir meinen Kopf zerbrichst. 😉

Einen friedlichen Abend wünsche ich dir.
​​​​​​Ingrid60
yoli
yoli
Mitglied

geschrieben von yoli

Greetings to all. I am certainly not a Trump fun. But, let's be sure, there are lots of them in de USA. I try to understand why someone can understand HIS thoughts. I imagine that if someone else would use such bad words over someone in an other country he would be dragged to the court.

Vandie48
Vandie48
Mitglied

geschrieben von Vandie48
Karl
Karl
Administrator

geschrieben von Karl

The Debate "Trump - Harris"

The first hour of the above video is the prologue by ABC. The true start of the debate is here at 59:55: https://www.youtube.com/live/kRh6598RmHM?si=VvUGgbdAADhDDXFi&t=3595

I watched this debate tonight. For me it is absolutely clear, if I would be an US-american I would give my vote to Harris. Trump is a danger to the US democracy and to Europe's standing against Putin.

Karl

Anzeige