English Purpose of this subforum

ehemaligesMitglied30
ehemaligesMitglied30
Mitglied

Re: Purpose of this subforum
geschrieben von ehemaligesMitglied30
als Antwort auf ginabeate vom 05.04.2012, 13:47:22
Dear Regina,

"an old cow having forgotten to be once a calf" can be the translation of "alte Kuh....". Don't be sad, that you don't find another course, I believe all things in life have their time, so your English course, too. Did you think about WHY you don't find another possibility for learning? Sometimes one must hear what life is telling. May be the job you have to do is on another place! Don't close your mind with the thoughts of English course but open your mind for things which are waiting outside for you! I hope you understand what I'm trying to say.

So I wish you a very restful Easter holiday!

Have a nice time and take care.

Warm regards

Gabi
ginabeate
ginabeate
Mitglied

geschrieben von ginabeate
hi, Gabi thank you so much for your latest contribution.Thanks for the translation ( die alte Kuh jung)
Gabi, its very easy to find another Englsh courses. But most of them are in the middle of Berlin. But I live in a suburb of Berlin. For say it exactly; I am now a Brandenburgerin. So I have to drive very long ways. Longer than 25 kilometres. And for 90 minutes it's too far and too expensiv.Because of the prises of petrol. To take the public transports is nearly the the same. But I needs much longer. But I have enough time to think about it.
I hope you have had a nice Easter. The wether was not so good as it should be. For me it's not so important because I am on tour each day. Lilly, my little Jack Russell Terrier insist that I go out with her. She ist a lively little dog.

Dörte what about you? What have you done during the Easter days? Do you have any plans for your summer vacation? I look forward what you and Gabi had to tell. Till soon ,I hope so Regina
ehemaligesMitglied30
ehemaligesMitglied30
Mitglied

als Antwort auf ginabeate vom 12.04.2012, 19:05:01
Dear Regina,

thanks a lot for your contribution. You didn't tell me about YOUR Easter holidays. Have you had fun and people around you? My Easter days have been busy because I had to pick up some friends from the Munich airport on Easter Sunday. My daughter visited me, too and on Monday I visited relationship in Munich. Today I'm getting a visit from friends and the weekend I can relax. Next week begins an education how to teach children with migration background the German language in a child's way. I'm curious about the way it'll work. It's voluntary work, too.

Now I wish you and your doggy a relaxed and nice weekend and stay here with

warm regards

Gabi

Anzeige

Praline1
Praline1
Mitglied

geschrieben von Praline1
als Antwort auf ginabeate vom 12.04.2012, 19:05:01
Dear Regina,
dear Gabi,

nearly a week has already passed since Easter. At the moment I have some difficulties to write because it seems as if I have got a "mouse arm". While writing my hand and my arm hurt. Maybe I played Mahjong too often...

On Good Friday we picked up our daughter and son-in-law at the Bremen airport. The young couple had spent a week on Gran Canaria and came back sunburnt. On Easter sunday they
came to see us in the afternoon and it was a nice and relaxed time.
Tomorrow in the afternoon we will meet them at their house. Our daughter just phoned
us and asked us to come to see them and to also inspect their new birdhouse which
she painted herself with a red roof and with grass and fly agarics. I asked my daughter
if I should bring a bottle of champaign to baptize the birdhouse... But she negatived
that!!

As to plans for vacation: There aren`t any! I suppose we will spend some time at
the Norhern Sea where we have an apartment of our own.

Regina, I hope for you that you find an English course in your neighborhood. But if
not: you either have to meet with your friends more often and to only talk English
for about an hour - or you write a long contribution in this forum each day!!!

Gabi, your Easter days were very filled! But I suppose you had a good time. Anyway,
relax this weekend so that you are fit for the education next week. It surely will
be very interesting. Please tell about your new knowledge.

To both of you - kind regards,

Dörte
ehemaligesMitglied30
ehemaligesMitglied30
Mitglied

als Antwort auf Praline1 vom 14.04.2012, 22:45:15
Hi Dörte,

what a pity you've left the chat so soon. Are we too fast? I left just now and will be there next Sunday again. It's really funny. I have the e-mail-adress of dancelady and we have much fun in sending mails and pictures. And also a wonderful kind of e-cards.

I'll tell you about my first day of education on Tuesday. Tomorrow I'll go with a girlfriend who wants to buy at auction a house. I'll wait and see, what happens!

Last Friday my freinds of Munich visited me and we had a very good dinner at a restaurant which is near our convent, which is brewing a wonderful beer.

Lady stork is back and brooding. In my hugel bed I've done onions, it's still too cold for other plants, I have seed on the kitchen window and will plant after the "Eisheiligen", before I'm leaving for Milan.

Now I wish you a nice and healthy week.

Take care

Gabi
Praline1
Praline1
Mitglied

geschrieben von Praline1
als Antwort auf ehemaligesMitglied30 vom 15.04.2012, 22:11:50
Hi Gabi,

no - you weren`t too fast in the chatroom. But it just wasn`t the right theme for
me. Fortunately I still have my husband and so he is the one who does a lot of
work in and around our house and in the garden. In fact, I need not do all
of the things you were writing about. And I don`t know whether I would be
able to do so if I had not a man around me who always does these works.
I think all these ladies in the chatroom seem to be alone. So I better was
silent!

Good luck at the auction! It surely will be very interesting to bid for a house.
Please let us know the result!

During the last days we had a lot of sunshine. But it really is rather cold.
Especially the roses didnt`t like the coldness and I wonder whether they will
grow and blossom.

This morning my friend came to have breakfast with me and as you know yourself
the time passes so very fast while you are talking... This evening there
will be rehearsal again. Because of Easter last Monday we could stay at home.
Tomorrow - as each Tuesday - I will go to Reha-sports which I like very much
as we are such a nice group who always have a lot of fun.

Till the next time

Dörte

Anzeige

ehemaligesMitglied30
ehemaligesMitglied30
Mitglied

als Antwort auf Praline1 vom 16.04.2012, 19:00:48
Hi Dörte,

what a boaring auction! The auctioneer sat on his chair, looked around and waited for offers. The man who buyed the house at last payed too much, we think he was to stupid to check what was going on! But now I'm a little bit wiser again.

Today has been the first day of my education for being a "Sprachpatin". I know already that there will be a couple of children (he and she) with either Pakistani or Indian background. The five years of experience with children will go to my person. There are five lessons more the next five weeks and I'll begin to work with the two kiddys next school year. Then I stop the voluntary work at the primary school and start at the special instruction school we have here in the village.

As I told in the chat concerning marriage and husbands and so on: after such a present in my life (my husband) I cannot imagine to have another partner by my side. And looking at my married friends and their fights (not always of course) I'm really happy to be alone deciding only for me and my life. I can go by car whenever I want, get up whenever I want, lay down whenever I want and so on.

I wish you a nice rest of the week.

Warm regards and take care

Gabi
Praline1
Praline1
Mitglied

geschrieben von Praline1
als Antwort auf ehemaligesMitglied30 vom 17.04.2012, 22:13:08
Dear Regina,

after having tried to write here in vain, this time it works right. For tomorrow I wish you all the best and that your eyes will be as sharp as those of an eagle!

I think it is really great that you start again with an English course. Do you have to go by car a long way? Once you wrote that you have to drive quite a long time to go there. Did you find another course nearer to your home?

To talk French would be rather difficult for me. In fact I guess that afterwards
there would be a lot of money to spend!! I still read what is written in the French forum. But I don`t write any longer because the other ladies have much more French knowledge than I have.

As to the e-book-reader: it really is comfortable and I am glad to possess it.
Do you already have several books on it?

For tonight this will do. Take care of you and till the next time!

Dörte
ginabeate
ginabeate
Mitglied

geschrieben von ginabeate
Hi, Dörte,now it's really time to give an answer to you. Yes, I've decided to go to my English course again. Although we changend the shool to an other district I'll go there. The distance is the same but it's more difficult to find a place for the car. I find it's good to me and my brain to do a little bit. And this is the only course in this form. Yes, I am sure there are many other, but Berlin is a big city however I am not willing to have more than 30 minutes for one way. I wrote you we have only conversations. And exact this is, what I want.

Today was a very wet day. During my walk with Lilly a great storm came over us. We were ( my girl-friend and her dog )in the middle of a field. Big hailstones came over us very suddenly.We crouched on the ground because it was not possible to run away. The wind was too strong. I took Lilly under my anorak because I was afraid she will fly away. Really, it was a very unpleasant experience.
Dörte, I wrote in FT about my eye-Op. Becaues I have the grey cataract I needed this OP. Unfortunately I need an other OP for the right eye too.. I havn't got an earlier date. First at the end of November. It's a stupid situation. I can see with one eye very well,but for reading etc. I need glasses. As I had my glassses on my nose I could not forget it. But now I look endless for my reading glasses. Stupid.
Dörte,what about your husband? Is he better now? And what about your little grandchild?? Do you have any contact?.

Have a nice evening Regina

Praline1
Praline1
Mitglied

geschrieben von Praline1
als Antwort auf ginabeate vom 06.10.2012, 20:06:32
Hi Regina,

it really was nice to read your English text. You surely will have fun with
your English course. What about the members? Do you already know them from
former courses or will you get to know them completely new? What do you
talk about? Do you have special subjects?

I wish you good luck for your next eye operation. It surely will be as successful
as the last time. I guess you can`t wait until the day will come when you
will be operated.

Fortunately my husband recovers by and by. He lost a lot of blood which must
be replaced by the time. That is why he feels rather exhausted. But he doesn`t give
up and tries to do as much as he is able to. When he has got a cold he nearly
dies ... However, now as he really feels bad he is very motivated to recover.

As to my grandson - I haven`t seen him for more than a year. Several times
I talked to my son to change the situation. But he just is too week. He only
sees us now and then. But he sees his wife every day. So he gives in and
does what she wants. Meanwhile I have decided to just wait because there
is no way for me to do anything else.
However, I shall become grandmother another time!! My daughter is pregnant
and will have a baby end of April! The start of the pregnancy was rather
dramatic. Her doctor meant that she would lose the baby because he/she (?)
didn`t grow as it was normal. But the doctor was wrong! In the meantime
the baby has grown a lot and everything is ok. You can imagine how much
we worried about our daughter. Now we are so happy and hope that nothing
bad will happen.

What about your son and his Chinese friend? Are there any news?

Have a nice weekend!

Dörte

Anzeige