Mitglied

Re: Purpose of this subforum
geschrieben von Praline1
als Antwort auf Papa_Joe vom 13.01.2011, 16:40:18
Hello Hans-Joachim,

meanwhile I hope you feel better without snow and that
the sun is shining for you again.
What about your music? Have you been successful
programming new sounds? Where did you learn to do so?

At the beginning of this year I have chosen all the
photos of 2010 which I wanted to have in an album.
Finally 170 photos had to be sticked into it. This
work really took some time. But now I can look at
all these pictures and remember the different
situations. Of course, there are many photos of
our "new" grand-son. Do you have grand-children?
You once wrote that photographing is one of your
hobbies. What are you doing with all the photos?
And what are you photgraphing - people, flowers,
nature?

Have a nice week-end and

kind regards,

Dörte
Papa_Joe
Papa_Joe
Mitglied

geschrieben von Papa_Joe
als Antwort auf Praline1 vom 27.01.2011, 22:42:30
Hi Dörte,

thanks for your "letter".

Well, let me begin with answering your different questions:

I really enjoy living without snow-and-ice-activities early in the morning and starting the day as it should be started, with a substantial breakfast!!

Concerning my music, a high class keyboard offers the possibilities of combining sounds encluded in the instrument and modify the sounds by adding effects like reverb, vibrato, cutting off or adding high or low frequencies and other some hundred of changings. For example, the encluded Church Organ can be modified as one would play the organ in a huge cathedral.
The necessary knowledge is the result of studying the manual (consisting of some 200 pages)again and again.

Concerning photographing I think that I've shot approx. 6000 pictures since beginning the digital photographing in 2003. They are stored on CDs and additionally internally in the computer and additionally on a big external harddisk. So, if one of the picture stock failes, I have 2 backups.
Once a year I select about 200 pictures from the last year for paper prints, which are put in the old fashionned way into traditional albums.
I prefer making photos in the nature monitoring the seasons of the year, from spring to winter, encluding landscapes as well as detailled makros.
And, of course, I really like to take pictures from my family and especially from my grand children, covering the range from 1 to 15 years, consisting of 4 girls and 3 boys!!!

I really do hope the above explanations won't be too boring.

Have a nic weekend, despide of the really cold temperatures outside.

Kind regards

Hans-Joachim
ginabeate
ginabeate
Mitglied

geschrieben von ginabeate
Hi, to you all. Jo, I wrote all, what you have written about you and your hobbies.Really it's very interesting. And that enjoy to live without snow.In this winter it was really too much. Nevertheless, if I read in the newspaper or look at TV what happened in other countries then I find our problems very little.

Dörte,I red what you wrote in our group about all your preparation from the wedding of your daugther. It needs a lot of time but I believe you'll have much fun.
Today,I had the hairdresser for Lilly at home. Lilly is a Parson Jack Russell Terrier. She must be trimmed by the dog-groomer and per hand. It needs nearly 3 hours.Naturally with a little break. Standig still is terrible for such a vivaciously little dog. Poor Lilly. Now she has a rest for 3 month. The avantage, she don't loose hair's.

Indeed, where are you ? I now,that you are well because I red other article from you. In our groupe. But I also know, that we,as pensioners, never have time enough do do all the things we want to do.

Dörte,I think I must write a bit in french. Unfornately I am always so terrible impatient. It needs such a log time to write in french. I can chatter like mad, but no write.I am not in a good form. It would be better to train a bit. The only possibility to write is in this forum.
I am really terrible.
I think,it's enough for today.Till next time greetings o you all Regina

Anzeige

Praline1
Praline1
Mitglied

geschrieben von Praline1
als Antwort auf Papa_Joe vom 28.01.2011, 11:47:07
Hello Hans-Joachim,

it was nice to hear from you again. Thank you for your explanations.

When did you start to play keyboard? Do you play
just for fun? Or do you play even when there
are parties? Are you able to play it just like
a piano? Several years ago I also bought a keyboard
because I got lessons for singing and wanted to
play the keyboard just to see whether my singing was
correct. But I could only play with two fingers because
I have never learnt to play piano. Meanwhile
the keyboard can be found in a cupboard as I don`t
use it anymore. You must be very musical. Are you
able to play other instruments or do you sing in
a choir?

Your handling with photos seems to be like my doing
although I have only chosen 170 pictures of
the last year and not 200! I guess soon you will start to take photos of the beginning spring when
nature is "exploding" - hopefully soon...

Today we already could have an idea how spring
will be - with a temperature of 7 degrees and sunshine.
After all those cold days this was great.
May you also enjoy a wonderful weekend.

Kind regards,
Dörte

Praline1
Praline1
Mitglied

geschrieben von Praline1
als Antwort auf ginabeate vom 03.02.2011, 20:04:51
Hi Regina,

after some time here I am again. Just like you I am
a bit lazy to write in a foreign language. That is why there hasn`t been a French contribution by me because it really takes a long time to write. Nevertheless,
writing is even easier for me than talking!

Your dog surely is quite happy having "survived"
three hours of trimming! That is quite a long time
for an animal. But I am sure Lilly looks very pretty
now!

Even if this is quite boring for you I have to write
that this evening I have bought some cute little
jeans and shirt for Moritz. My daughter-in-law
said that she doesn`t need any more clothes for
her son. But it was just fun for me to buy something.
And I hope that she will draw Moritz in these clothes.

This morning my friends and I again played cards.
We were only three of us and had to choose another
game because "Uno" doesn`t work very well with only
three players. So we played Skip-Bo. Do you know
this game? Until today I haven`t known it either.
But it was funny.

Now it is late again. So I will finish for today.
Have a nice weekend.

Kind regards,
Dörte
Papa_Joe
Papa_Joe
Mitglied

geschrieben von Papa_Joe
als Antwort auf Praline1 vom 03.02.2011, 22:49:22
Hello Dörthe,

will you, please, be kind enough as to excuse my substantial delay in answering to your last "letter", won't you?
Main reason: I'm kept busy, unexpected and surprising for me!!
My family had decided to make a very special Christmas-gift for me, fulfilling a dream which I have since years and years, shown on the picture below:

Vespa PX Cosa 200

"She" is a charming lady, 18 years old, 200 ccm, 12 horsepowers, and still bubbly and powerfull, running a topspeed of some 110 km/h and it's super fun to drive with!!!
In combination with this scooter I met a guy who runs a mechanical shop for motorbikes and scooters in the neighbourhood, and, after his explanation of the lack in manpower, I decided to assist him in planning his new spareparts department, building the necessary space by means of a timberconstruction, doing the painting work, building the necessary shelfs and so on and so on and so on.....

It's a lot of work which has to be done, but it's just as a lot of fun doing this kind of activities; it's just as fulfilling a childhood dream!!!

You've asked conc. my beginning of playing the keyboard. This covers a long period of time and I will try to concentrade it on the main facts:

I had to start (under motherly pressure!!!) with piano lessons in the age of 6. It was a kind of fun, but I hated the necessary exercises!!!
Piano lessons stopped when I was 12.

When I was 19, I bought my first electronic organ, with two manuals and bass pedal. This instrument was followed by 3 different organs and it was great fun to play with (more then I ever had with the piano).
In 1991 I "switched over" to keyboards, enjoying the rich musical possibilities, playing together with a virtual rhythm band, controlled with the left hand by means of playing the chords.
Disadvantage is that my left hand became lazy in playing melodical lines.
But, nevertheless, keyboard is "MY" instrument and I plan to purchase in the course of the next 12 months a new keyboard for replacing my actual ROLAND VA-7.
I play just for fun, trying to enhance skills, sometimes recording the one or other song for "burning" a selfmade CD, as a present within the family or for friends or for having "my" music in the car when being on tour.
For some 20 years I was a member in a typical German "folk orchestra" (Musikverein), playing the clarinet and the saxophone, sometimes acting as co-conductor when playing on springfestivals and so on.
Singing in a choir would indeed be very painful for the audience; although my musician hearing ist pretty good, I am "always on the chase for the correct tone" when I'm singing!!! ))

Well, Dörthe, I have to notice that my writing has resulted in a quite extensive article and I do hope getting your reply in the course of the coming days.

Have a nice week, take care for yourself and

kind regards

Hans-Joachim

Anzeige

Praline1
Praline1
Mitglied

geschrieben von Praline1
als Antwort auf Papa_Joe vom 15.02.2011, 10:27:05
Hello Hans-Joachim,

this time I want to answer you at once. What a surprise!
Congratulations on your special gift!! I can imagine
that you are very happy about the realisation of your
childhood dream. But be careful when driving the VESPA!!

Thank you for describing your keyboard career. It`s a pity
that although playing different instruments you are always
on the chase for the correct tone... When I was a little
girl I had to learn how to play the recorder as it was
usual for little girls at that time. When my daughter
was at that age she also learned how to play the recorder
and later on changed to an alto flute. As this flute
is played in a different way I bought such a flute for myself
and learned how to play it, too. At Christmas time my
daughter and I delighted the rest of our family with a duet.
Unfortunately it was not "cool" to play an instrument so
that my daughter stopped playing the flute although she
was pretty good. During the last time I have always planned
to refresh my musical skills - but till now I haven`t done
so...I am afraid my fingers won`t be as fast as I want them
to be. Then I shall better sing as long as I am able to do so.

When you are always busy with your new gift and your keyboard
what about sports?? Are you doing anything else for your
wellness?

I am looking forward to your reply.

Kind regards,
Dörte (without "h"!)

and
Papa_Joe
Papa_Joe
Mitglied

geschrieben von Papa_Joe
als Antwort auf Praline1 vom 15.02.2011, 22:49:00
Good morning Dörte (you can see I'm still capable to learn ),

this is just to reply in brief and to thank you for your mail. Well, sports!!! I'm by far not like Mr. Churchill who claimed "...No sports...!!!" and I really try to be something like sporty. This results in long walks through our wonderful landscape, together with a camera or doing nordic walking (swinging the sticks) which I learned to love during a coronary rehab stay in 2004. I try to do this once or twice a week. Besides this exercises my/our house keeps me in motion due to the fact that we live in the 2nd floor while most of the foodstuff and beverage is stored in the cellar, 2 floors downwards, using the stairhouse with some 30 steps (one way!) repeatedly!

Have a nice day, and kind regards

Hans-Joachim
Praline1
Praline1
Mitglied

geschrieben von Praline1
als Antwort auf Papa_Joe vom 16.02.2011, 08:53:57
Good evening Hans-Joachim,

I hope you had a nice birthday yesterday together with your family
and/or friends.

It seems as if you are sportive enough! How a house can help... We don`t have any stairs in our house so that I have to walk outside a little bit more.
If possible - and if I can overcome my inner temptations - I walk
half an hour a day. Once a week I go to a course of gymnastics and
for more than half a year I have attended Reha sport which I like
most. It`s exhausting but we always have a lot of fun.

Besides all of your hobbies - do you still have any time for
reading? Or is reading not your favourite hobby? That`s what I
do quite often.

Have a nice weekend and kind regards,

Dörte (I am glad that you are able to learn soon!)

Papa_Joe
Papa_Joe
Mitglied

geschrieben von Papa_Joe
als Antwort auf Praline1 vom 17.02.2011, 22:36:35
Good morning Dörte, at this really grey and clouded Sunday morning.

Before I step into some details, let me thank you very much for your kind birthday wishes. We "celebrated" this event together with the family of me oldest son as well as my sisters-in-law with their resp. partners. My wife had prepared a huge meat loaf (on German is this a Hackbraten) of some 3 kgs (!!!), accompanied by a delicious Swabian potato salad. It was quite funny to sit, having a good time and to chat about nothing and everything

Yes, reading is for my wife and me very important. I take reading as a medium for relaxing, entertainment and for upgrading special skills such as doing maintenance work at my scooter, repairing "airless" tyres or just to learn about the scooter technology.
2 years ago I was fed up with searching the one or other book and I decided to concentrade ALL our books in 2 rooms (as far as possible), make an inventory control, and to count,catalog and tag the books.
It took approx. 4 months to finish that work, but now I know that we own 1150 books and it normally efforts only a brief look in a computer list for finding a resp. book.

I prefer political thrillers e.g. from Tom Clancy, thrillers from Frank Schätzing but also historical stuff from Ken Follet and my absolute favorite writer is Dan Brown.

Have a nice Sunday and take care for yourself

Kind regards

Hans-Joachim

Anzeige