Re: Purpose of this subforum
geschrieben von Praline1
als Antwort auf ginabeate vom 21.11.2010, 14:34:52
Hi Regina,

thank you for your congratulations to the birth of
Moritz. This morning we again went to see him. As
I already wrote to dita he is such a cute baby.I
guess all grandmothers say this about their grand-
children! But in this case it is really true!!
Our son and his family live about 35 kilometres from
here. It is not so far but also not just round the
corner. As the parents of my daughter-in-law live
next to them they surely will see our grand-son more
often than we will do. But nevertheless I hope we
will also see him quite often.
It is fine that you can enjoy the children of
your sister-in-law although you surely would have
preferred to enjoy your grand-children. But that`s
life!

It`s a pity that only a few of us participate in this
forum. I think it is not so important about which
theme we are writing as it is just for practicing
our English knowledge. And if somebody wants to
write about a special theme we, of course, are ready
to do so, arent`t we??

I think you need not be jealous of my French! It is
not so very good. In my opinion the other participants
are articulating much better that I can do. But I like
to remember my French knowledge which I got so long ago!

Have a nice week.

Dörte

dita
dita
Mitglied

geschrieben von dita
als Antwort auf Praline1 vom 23.11.2010, 23:28:41
Hello to you all

I just had a quick look in this Forum and saw that you were all quite productive.

Dörte, thank you very much for your nice text. At first my warmest congratulation for the birth of your grandson Moritz - what a lovely name. Let's hope that you can see him often.

Yes, with a Flying teacher one has private lessons, for example he can come to your home or to your office. Other options are learning on the train, learning at lunch or by telephone teaching. If he has to travel to you it would be more expensive. I am curious to know how it works as I will start on the 10th of December 2010. Without question I have now to refresh my Business English.

Mohrenköpfe: This factory exists for more than 50 years; the actual owner is the son of the founder and he runs the business since 1970. He looks like the deceased artist Jean Tinguely and is also a racing driver. I am not a big chocolate eater but I like very much the Truffes du jour from Sprüngli in Zurich.

Christmas time is coming; so we are now looking forward to the new Christmas illumination of the Bahnhofstrasse in Zurich.

As I unexpectedly can carry on working in January 2011 I would try to look into this forum periodically.

Dear Dörte, Regina and Hans-Joachim, have a nice time!

Best wishes to you all
dita
ginabeate
ginabeate
Mitglied

geschrieben von ginabeate
Hi, to you all.
Dita, good to hear that you will stay together with us. I think,you can tell us a little bit about your flying teacher.How often does he come? What do you learn mnore? The gramma, or do you have more conversation? You need it for your proffession therefore it is important for you to learn. For me it is very easy. I am sure,I never will use the English,French or spanish language. I mainly do it for my poor old brain. And, reallly just for fun.

Hallo, Dörte, you enviable Grand-Ma! What about news from Moritz? Dita is right. Moritz is a wonderful name. Je trouve, 35 miles are not too far away.One of my friends lives 40 kilometer from my home. She lives in the north and I live in the south of Berlin. But you are right. For only having a cup of coffee,it's too far. So we have decided, to meet us in the middle. And we phone together ( mostly in french as good as possible.)She speeks very well in french so we try it. And, in addition,we have a lot of fun together.

Joe, also to you my very best wishes. Hope you all are well Regina

Anzeige

Praline1
Praline1
Mitglied

geschrieben von Praline1
als Antwort auf Papa_Joe vom 21.11.2010, 15:08:06
Hello Papa_Joe,

it really was a pleasure to read from you again.
You seem to be rather busy with all of your
hobbies! And you prepared the music project for the ST -
am I right?? I think that I read something like that.

This time I also wasn`t so fast with writing back.
During the weekend my brother and my sister-in-law
came to see us. Of course, I had to prepare a lot
before the visit. We had a comfortable time sitting
in front of the chimney. As it was quite cold we
had a fire in it for the second time in this winter.
Today it was even colder in Bremen - about -6 degrees.
When I was shopping with my friend this morning,
muffler and gloves were necessary!

It will be nice to read from you now and then.
Have a good time!

Dörte
Praline1
Praline1
Mitglied

geschrieben von Praline1
als Antwort auf dita vom 24.11.2010, 13:25:07
Hi dita,

it was good that you were productive again, too!
I`m really looking forward to your description
of your lessons with the "flying teacher". Aren`t
they rather expensive? I have never before heard
of this way to learn English. But it sounds fascinating.

It`s a pity that my friend didn`t tell me about the
factory producing "Mohrenköpfe" when I was in Waltenschwil!! But I can`t turn back time.

Two years ago my son and I spent a day in Zürich.
Of course, we went through the Bahnhofstraße. It
surely looks quite nice with Christmas illumination. -
This morning my friend and I went shopping in the
Bremen city. Although it was day all the illumination
could be seen - full of atmosphere. -
As I like chocolate so much we, of course, went
to the shop of Sprüngli. But I was rather shocked
when I saw the prices! I can buy these products
cheaper in Germany! So I abstained from buying anything.

Good luck for your new job! Even if you only write
periodically I shall be glad to hear from you!

Have a nice Advent season.

Dörte

Praline1
Praline1
Mitglied

geschrieben von Praline1
als Antwort auf ginabeate vom 25.11.2010, 14:25:53
Hi Regina,

greetings from a grandmother! Yesterday we could see
Moritz again. My sister-in-law is back at home from
hospital. Mother and son feel fine! Again I might
have the little boy in my arms. What a feeling!!
Unfortunately I am not able to put a photo in here.
Otherwise you could see that I am right with saying:
What a cute baby!!...

When I read that you are talking French with your friend I remembered the time when I still went to school.
Each time my friend and I went by tram we talked
English and felt rather educated and grown-up!!
After having read your contributions I can imagine
that you can have a lot of fun with your friend!

This morning I was in the Bremen city to buy presents
for Christmas. What about you? Do you still have to
buy anything? And what about all the invitations
during the Advent season? Did they already take place?
Do you specially meet with your friends during this time or are there Christmas parties - for example by
the golf club?

Have a nice Advent season!

Dörte

Anzeige

dita
dita
Mitglied

geschrieben von dita
Hello Dörte and Regina

As you are curious to know about the "Flying teacher", this is how it works:

The teacher and I are practising real situations such as press conference, hotel reservations, etc. He plays the part of my opposite partner and asks questions which I have to answer. After the initial meeting I will have lunch with him twice a week in Zurich. 45 minutes costs CHF 86.00, 1 hour CHF 115.00. However I myself don't have any costs as "my" PR-Agency is paying 12 lessons for me.

I would also take part in practical and realistic communicative written tasks - the teacher would take my drafts with him and make his corrections on the pages. This costs a little bit extra. But the whole thing will enable me to achieve my goal.

Dörte, thank you for the good wishes - I appreciate them!

Enough for now and enjoy all the goodies that Christmas brings *g*.

Dörte, Regina and Papa_Joe:
Have a nice Christmas time!

Kind regards,
dita
ginabeate
ginabeate
Mitglied

geschrieben von ginabeate
A very big HALLO to you all. I know, everybody of us have a lot to do. Time runs so quickly. Only some days then we have X-mas. This year my family will come to us. So I have to prepare so many things. Because we are so many persons my sister in law helps me.And I am very thanksfully about it.
December is a month where I have many activities.My next party is together with my girl-friends. It's my french -Kränzchen.Know somebody of you another word for " Damenkränzchen?" We speak french, read a Christmas story also in french and we sing Christmas songs together. But the songs in German.My big problem is, the distance.I live in the south and she in the north of Berlin. The other live in the middle of Berlin. We live 38 kilometre from each other.Normally it doesn't matter but this year the weather act up.and it's not so pleasant to drive a car when we have freezing rain. However we shall see what happened.
I am a little bit sorry because my son lives in Shanghai now. He will be aloune for X-mas. His wife and the 2 children fly back to Germany for the Christmas days.I, personally,don't find it very good. But it is their life.

I hope you all are vrey well and looked forward for Christmas Eve.Surely you will be together with your family.

Dörte, what about your little grandson? Do you see him often? A baby is such a big joy.Particulary a little grand child.

To you all, have a nice Christmas Eve and maybe, if we don't write in this year, a Happy New Year Yours Regina
Papa_Joe
Papa_Joe
Mitglied

geschrieben von Papa_Joe
als Antwort auf ginabeate vom 12.12.2010, 20:16:25
Hello ladies,

this is just in brief to bring me back to your mind. As you, Regine, wrote in your last posting, there are lots of activities to be started, to be done and to be finished before Christmas.
Last Friday evening we, my wife and I, joined the "Pre-Xmas-Dinner" arranged by the drugstore she's working. On Saturday there was a birthday party of a niece, and yesterday we made a trip to the Black Forest, due to the birthday of my daughter.
Last Wednesday we purchased our Christmas tree, a nice "Nordmann"-fir and, most important, we bought "our" Christmas turkey as a becoming delicious subject for the family on Dec, 25.

I think, we will "meet" once more before Christmas.

Best wishes to you all from

Papa Joe

indeed
indeed
Mitglied

geschrieben von indeed
Hello all together,

My nick is Indeed and in the past I had a look into this thread several times. I do hope I may join you and may participate on your discussions.

The English knowledge of mine is limited due to the fact, I very seldom have the opportunity to speak or write in English since about the last 30 years. I do hope it doesn't matters really and perhaps I can refresh my English conversation by this contact.

Just to give you an idea about myself, I'm a member of the ST since May 2009 and preferably until today I'm more active in the blogs than in the forum.

If you are interested to learn more about my thoughts and habits just have a look at my homepage here.

You really would make me happy with your welcome.

Kind regards
Ingrid

Anzeige