Forum Fremdsprachen English Purpose of this subforum

English Purpose of this subforum

ginabeate
ginabeate
Mitglied

Re: Hi,Praline Greetings Regina
geschrieben von ginabeate
Hi, Dörte.Before I start with other things, I'll write to you. Last time I have had so much to do. The time flies so quickly. Yesterday we were on the birthday of my sister in law. She became 70 years. We celebrated in a nice little restaurant.We came back early in the morning.So I was really terrible tired as I had to stood up in the morning. Unfortunately my little dog wasn't in agreement that I want to sleep a little bit longer. She wanted her morning walk.
What have you done last time? Except going shopping. Surely it's a big ( or great ,oh, all the prepositionens )pleasure to buy baby clothes.
Dörte, I think it is not so difficult to phone in an other language. If I speak french with my girl-friend we speak slowly. And if we couldn't understand something we repeat it. We have time enough.And ,indeed, we like it. It's very good for both of us. It's the only opportunity to speak in french. Better than doing nothing. OK now, have a nice and sunny time ( sunny is a joke because it rains here cats and dogs) Till soon Regina
JO, if you read this, greatings to you too
Papa_Joe
Papa_Joe
Mitglied

geschrieben von Papa_Joe
als Antwort auf ginabeate vom 21.10.2010, 13:26:53
Hi Regina, hello Dörte,

sorry for being absent that long. Although being a retiree since a couple of years I sometimes make the mistake to run definitely out of time. This happened during the last days for some reasons:
Working in the garden, preparing for autumn and winter

Maintaining one of my grand-daughters with accompanying to the kindergarden

Preparing a seminar paper for my photo club

Doing some composing work at my keyboard

Putting our firewood in storage (absolutely necessary for comfortable warm winter evenings!)

and so on...

So there was not many time left for spending here in the "English meeting" and sometimes I have the impressing peoble and things aim to keep me still busy. On the other side the advantage of such an aiming (and ofcourse following up this aim) is that no boredom is able to come up.
After having finished this posting I have to write some eMails and afterwards working up photographs from September (I'm a hobby photographer and, as an average, I "shoot" approx. 200 x 300 pictures a month)

So I wish you nice days of autumn, not too cold, and I'm sure we will meet soon at the same place

Regards

Papa Joe

P.S.: Thank you for the hint concerning leo.org., this is very helpful indeed
ginabeate
ginabeate
Mitglied

Re: Purpose of this subforum
Hi,Dörte,hi Joe. Joe, it's very nice that you havn't forgotten us. Till now we are the only one who write in this English forum. I now, my English is not as good as it should be. But,as long as you can understand what I mean it's OK
For me it isn't very important if my English,French or Spanish is right because I never again go to foreign countries. English, once a week at school, french I speak from time to time with a friend. But spanish I have forgotten nearly all.
Since I am a pensioner I never have enough time. As I was younger,I thought, if I am a pensioner, I have so much time. But that's wrong. I never have time enough.Maybe I became slowlier,or I have too many hobbies. But I like my life so, how it's momentary .
But you also have many hobbies for which you need a lot of time. Make photos,a vey nice and interesting hobby.What are you doing with all the photos?

Dörte, I hope you are well.Are you gone with Lalelu to Paris? I was there years ago. But without a car. I had not enough nervs for going by car to Paris. The traffic , years ago, was already, at this time, more than terrible. Have a nice time, greeetings to you and Joe Regina

Anzeige

Praline1
Praline1
Mitglied

geschrieben von Praline1
als Antwort auf Papa_Joe vom 28.10.2010, 15:12:13
Hello Papa-Joe,

it really was nice to read from you again. It seems
as if you are rather busy with all of your hobbies.
Regarding the firewood for dark autumn and winter
days you are completely right! It`s very necessary.
That`s why my husband also stored it behind our house.
Next Wednesday in the afternoon some friends of mine and I will start the "chimney season"! We shall have coffee
and cake and call our meeting "chimney watching" as
we shall sit in front of the chimney. So we save
the money for the cinema....

What about your photo club? Do you have special or
even regular meetings? What do you do with all the
photos you are "shooting" every month? Do you enlarge
them and beautify the walls with them?

As we haven`t yet grand-children we are very happy about the little son of our neighbours. This afternoon
he and his mother came to see us and we really enjoyed
the time with them. Jonathan is one and a half years
old and really cute. The next time when he will be with us is already arranged. It`s a deal for both sides. His mother can do some work without him and we
are happy to have him with us!

You seem to be very musical as you are able to compose
yourself at the keyboard. Some years ago I also bought
this instrument because I wanted to use it in combination with singing. But I can only play it with
a few fingers! Nevertheless it was a help to find the
right notes.

Now I wish you a nice weekend and don`t forget that
on Sunday you can sleep one hour more...

Kind regards,
Dörte

Praline1
Praline1
Mitglied

geschrieben von Praline1
als Antwort auf ginabeate vom 28.10.2010, 20:16:29
Hello Regina,

no - I didn`t travel to Paris with Lalelu! I`m still
living in my little town. But during the last days
I just wasn`t in the mood to write in the different
forums.

This time the same thing happened to me which you already
practiced sometimes. I wrote a lot, pressed some
buttons and everything disappeared!! So I have to
start again with a contribution...

You wrote that you have never got time enough. As to
my person I cannot agree to that. Although my husband
is a pensioner, too, ( I am not yet) we have got
time enough. He is doing all of the work in our garden
and I am doing the housework. Besides my husband is
cycling a lot - in summer outside and during the colder
seasons on the exercise machine inside. I am reading
very often. But I don`t know the book you mentioned
in the French forum. I have only read about it in the
newspaper. Some years ago I prepared many pictures
with cross-stitches. But unfortunately then I have got
arthrosis in my fingers and had to stop it. And I like
singing. For nearly 50 (!) years I have belonged to
different choirs. So each Monday evening I go to the
choir rehearsal.

Do you have plans for this weekend? On Sunday my daughter and her boy-friend will come to breakfast
together with my husband and me. In the afternoon
- as each Sunday - I shall sauna in the sauna of our
own. That`s very practical as I must not go somewhere
else.

Now I better stop writing before all of this disappears
again! So have a nice weekend and till soon!

Dörte

ginabeate
ginabeate
Mitglied

Hi, Dörte,I hope you are in a good mood and you have enjoyed the week-end. I am a little bit envious (or is jealous better )of you because you can sing. That's so wonderful. I am absolutly untalented. I have friends which sing in a choir too and if we meet us they sing some songs for me.Which kind of songs do you sing?
Last week we let our flat renovate. I hope it is the last time in my life. Or, if not, I will go in a hotel as long as it needs. The tiler has tiled our sleeping room too and we have slept on the ground-floor on mattresses.I am too old for things like that.But now we can enjoy our renovated flat.
I have no idea wheather I told you that one of my hobbies is playing golf. Last week,I had a tournament with my ladies. But it was a joke play. We had a lot of fun.And I think,playing golf will be finished soon because it gets colder and the weather is really turning a bit nasty.
Now I must stop writing because my dog wants his walk.It's only a short walk.She has a wounded paw. Have a nice week Regina

Anzeige

dita
dita
Mitglied

geschrieben von dita
Hello to you all

I enjoy looking on this thread. My partner is English. However living in the German part of Switzerland, our conversation is mostly in Swiss German which means I do not often get a chance to practice my English as much as I would like to. While surfing on the internet, I found this "cosy corner".

I myself am of Swiss nationality, born in Berne, and now living by the lake of Zurich, 27 km from Zurich-City. I am now fully pensioned, but still involved in different projects which takes up most of my free time. This is why I can only look at this thread periodically.

I look forward to reading this thread again.
Bye for now - dita
ginabeate
ginabeate
Mitglied

Hi, Dita.Nice to read something of you. It's not so important how often you write.We all do it just for fun and ,indeed to practise a little bit our English. Well, welcome!Till next time Regina
dita
dita
Mitglied

geschrieben von dita
als Antwort auf ginabeate vom 08.11.2010, 11:31:34
Thank you for your warm welcome, dear Regina.

I am quite impressed by the activities of you all and - like Regina- envy Dörte for her singing.

We are already grandparents, but our grandchildren - 2 little girls of 4 and 1 - are living in Melbourne/Australia. So we see them very seldom.

Like Regina I am reading a lot. All kind of books, e.g. fiction, biographies, crime novels but also non-fiction books. Our main hobby is our Archery Club which my partner and I founded in 1995. The Club Members are 30 adults and 12 juniors. For the Summer season we have lovely outdoor facilities and during the Winter season we are training in a sports hall.

By the way: The time problem with writing ST-contributions can be resolved when one writes the text first as a normal email and then makes a copy of it and insert this copied text here. Don't worry, i also had this problem *g*.

Bye for now.
dita
ginabeate
ginabeate
Mitglied

Hi, Dita! Nice, that you told us something of you. What for an interesting hobby you have. Archery. Really! Very interesting.. I tried it long ago as I was on holiday in Spain. It looks so easy. But in reality it is very difficult.Do you have to train very often? My hobby is playing Golf. But I am a bad golfer. I don't train. I do it,just like other things, just for fun. For playing golf you need a lot of time. Because I have so many other hobbies ,I have not enough time for all.
Surely you have red that my son and his family ( a granddaughter a grandson and indeed my sister-in- law )live momentary in Shanghai. My grandchildren are 16 and 18 years. As you can see,I am a very old lady now.

Dörte, are you well? I miss you. For me it's good to write in English. Because I have nothing to prepare ( its an other thing as to write french) So I can do it oftener.
And, what about you,Jo ? Are you well? OK no offence. Have all a nice next day Regina

Anzeige