Forum Fremdsprachen English Purpose of this subforum

English Purpose of this subforum

yoli
yoli
Mitglied

Re: Purpose of this subforum
geschrieben von yoli
als Antwort auf bukamary vom 05.05.2015, 09:56:44
one is grateful that not much damage has happened. Maybe the buildings are stronger than elsewhere (Nepal) etc.From Pictures one can see that there are not very high buildings in the town Rabaul
Maxi41
Maxi41
Mitglied

geschrieben von Maxi41
als Antwort auf bukamary vom 05.05.2015, 09:56:44
Hello Hildegard,
That´s a very sad piece of news. I´m terribly sorry about it. The earthquake next to your hometown seems to be mild without any demages and not any injured. Nevertheless I think the matter really worries you.

Two day ago we had a gale warning. Nothing happens. It was just a short shower. Today it´s sunny and warm.

BTW: Do you know today is the birthday of two excellent composer.
First - Johannes Brahms, a German composer, was born in 1833. At the age 15 he first performed as a solo pianist. His four symphonics, camber music and so on continue to insire us.
Second - P. Tchaikowsky, a Russian composer, was born in 1840. He wrote music for ballets: "The Nutcracker", "Sleeping Beauty", "Romeo and Juliet" and "Swan Lake". His "1812 Overture", operas, symphonics and concertos for piano and violin are treasures of the word´s musical repertoire.

Have a nice evening.

Bye - Bärbel
bukamary
bukamary
Mitglied

geschrieben von bukamary
als Antwort auf Maxi41 vom 07.05.2015, 20:10:04
Hi Bärbel,

I guess that because the epicentre was down in the sea the earthquake didn´t make a severe damage(it was near the Earthquake in Nepal). I´m not an expert, I guess the way of building makes the damages less severe. The people living there are used to earthqüaks- I remember a situatuion. I was about 8 years old and just sittting in the bathtub bathtub as an earthquake happened. Fhe water was just splashed out and the water hat quite a few waves. It felt quite funny and scary at the same time.

You just talked abaout Brahms and Tchaikowsky - I know both of them, but did´nt knowtheir birthday. I know their musik too - I love Brahms, actually quite a few Composers starting with the Letter " B " like Bach, Beethoven, Bartok. I hear Tchaikowsky every now and then but he is certainly not my first choice eventhough I love the most northern and east composers.

Have a nice afternoon

Hildegard

Anzeige

yoli
yoli
Mitglied

geschrieben von yoli
als Antwort auf bukamary vom 10.05.2015, 11:56:08
Hi Bàrbel
Hi Hildegard

I dont want to intrude in your conversation, thought maybe I could just contribute something to keep the thread going.

Maybe later
bukamary
bukamary
Mitglied

geschrieben von bukamary
als Antwort auf yoli vom 12.05.2015, 13:10:03
Hello Yoli,
you are cerainly not intruding. How did you get that idea? If you would contribute something, that woud really be great and not only to keep the thread on going.

By the way since a few days two birds a redstart and a tomtit take place an the balcony railing and it just seems they are talking with each other. This morning I tried to approach them. They ignored me a quite long time.
Whats the weater like. Some people told me they hat quite a storm. Well here the sun ist still shining , but its not that warm. m going outdoors in a few minutes.
have a nice shiny afternoon all together.

bukamary
yoli
yoli
Mitglied

geschrieben von yoli
als Antwort auf bukamary vom 13.05.2015, 13:33:40
yes of course, lets bring some life into this thread

I wrote to honeybee

Dear Magret,

Sadly the English part of the Forum is going to sleep.
I would write if there was a response. At the Moment there is bukamary and maxi writing there. I would as well How about you?
Maybe we see you there.
Sunny greetings
Yoli

The same goes for Rosemarie

And of course all of the faithful writers as well.

Nice the way you describe your birdie visits Hildegard. I watch a Forum where there breed a pair of kestrels (Turmfalken)
The Story was such, that there was a pair named Susi and Strolch.
They loved each other and became 6 eggs
Then after a while the husband did not come back and the poor mother had to get her Food herself and sit on the eggs. after one week a young kestrel came to have a look. Now he has accepted the foreign eggs and is sitting on them himself.
I hope I do not something wrong by putting a link into here.

It concerns.. http://falken-foermchen.com/smf/index.php

and there you have to click on the Falken in Lausen..
For now

cheerio
Yoli

Anzeige

Honeybee1
Honeybee1
Mitglied

geschrieben von Honeybee1
als Antwort auf yoli vom 14.05.2015, 11:51:57
Hello Yoli!Thank you very much for the PN.I have been ill for about 5 weeks,stayed in hospital for some time.I am very interested,being
a memmber in this forum.I have tried to join you at the english speaking chat,two weeks ago.Unfortunately I felt very bad,as I had left hospital the day before.It is my honest wish,that this forum will stay,and hopefully not go asleep :) Magret.
yoli
yoli
Mitglied

geschrieben von yoli
als Antwort auf Honeybee1 vom 14.05.2015, 18:35:34
Dear Magret,I am sorry to hear that you were ill and had to be in the Hospital. I do hope that you feel better now?
I did see you quickly in the Chat, because I came late and you had a good conversation going there. I did read that you had been ill.
Yes please, let’s just exchange views and ideas here. Did you notice the thread about birds above?

Maybe we could write about the place we each of us live at and compare. There are so many things one can write about.
Take care dear Magret and till soon again
love Yoli
bukamary
bukamary
Mitglied

geschrieben von bukamary
als Antwort auf yoli vom 14.05.2015, 19:25:14
Hello Magret,
Hello Yoli,
only Bärbel is missing. And all others out their reading us, just join us and post something.

I guess you all had simply ugly weather? Even my two birdies did´nt visit me today. Instead my old friend Stanislaus, really a very naughty magpie came to tease me. He usualy sits near the balcony door and teases me.Perhaps he´ll get even more trusting. When I talk with him he has a funny way to look at me, he is perhaps only 40cm away from me.
Magret, I hope you are fit again, or at least feel better. I´m not even nearly about your age (sorry) but I´ve already made the experience, that it usualy takes us a lot longer to recover. And other people told me the same. You are needed here and it would really be nice to read you. I also hope you´ll be in the chat again.
Yoli I looked at that forum about the krestels a few times. I really was amused about the Names Susi and Strolch. It´s really interesting.
Yep, there are a lot of things we can write about.
I´ll just post a link. It seems to be a very interesting project. its only a few km from where I live. But to tell the truth, I have´nt been there yet. Just have a look if you want to.
I hope we´ll have more sun during the next days and have a good time all of you.

bukamary

back to the Middle Age
Honeybee1
Honeybee1
Mitglied

geschrieben von Honeybee1
als Antwort auf Honeybee1 vom 14.05.2015, 18:35:34
Thank you so much for your very kind words,good morning to all of you!Yes it is a good idea of you Yoli,talking about every days life and places,we live in, happenings etc.-it is so very nice to share. I very much enjoyed the little story about Susi and Strolch!I love birds,as I love all animals.As I stayed in hospital,my birds missed me,most of all,because they were used to be fed,every morning,not later than 8 oclock in the morning.Some Blackbirds already were waiting for me ,sitting on the balcony,not a bit shy,as if to say,this is my place as well :)As it is Spring now,I moved the Birdhouse away,my Flowers are waiting to be planted.I love to have flowers,of all kinds on my balcony,they are so pretty! Nearly every day,I throw a handful of raisins out,very shortly after,my birdies are there to get them,of course,saying thankyou with a lovely song,afterwards! :)I say bye,bye for now,wishing all of you a happy and sunny weekend! Magret

Anzeige