Forum Fremdsprachen English Purpose of this subforum

English Purpose of this subforum

Maxi41
Maxi41
Mitglied

Re: Purpose of this subforum
geschrieben von Maxi41
Hello Girls,

I´m looking forward to the Leipzig Book Fair. It takes place from 12 March to 15 March. At the same time there will be "Leipzig liest" - a reading festival with readings at the fair and at more than 350 locations in the city.
Every year it is the spring event of the book and the media sector. Authors, readers and publishers gathers in Leipzig at the Book Fair to inform themselves, enter into dialogue, and make discoveries.

How are you?
Greetings, Bärbel
rose42
rose42
Mitglied

geschrieben von rose42
als Antwort auf Maxi41 vom 03.03.2015, 19:11:52
Hello Bärbel,
thanks for your latest news!Tthere must be crowds of people at your Leipziger Buchmesse. And you will go there? Such a big range of books and authors - how can you select what you really want or need?
Have you already booked your stay at Prerow or are you waiting for a better weather?
To your question: our "oldie" is the 86-year-old cousin of my husband. She is a single woman with all the extras, old and single and spoilt (egomanic) women have. You see: she is no easy-handling.
Today my new Englisch-class has started the new semester. We have one new lady - a very fit cyclist - and the rest of our class, makes 12 pupils. For the first day we mostly only talked (Englisch of course), did some grammatics: (I wish I hadn't said those things last night...)
and we played a game, answering odd questiones. It was amusing and challenging as well.
Hope you will have a good time at Prerow. Take pictures and put them into a blog, so that we can see, what it is like there.
Love from Rosemarie
Maxi41
Maxi41
Mitglied

geschrieben von Maxi41
als Antwort auf rose42 vom 04.03.2015, 13:56:12
Hello Rosemarie,

you are right, the fair is crowded. I want to try my way through the crowds in order to grab a seat. I made a note of visiting some readings and discussions of Martin Suter, Margot Käßmann, Gabriele Krone-Schmalz, Hellmuth Karasek. I hope for a free seat.

I got a cure from the doctor, and the health insurance has it permitted. The date of the beginning has been fixed for 24 March and last three weeks.
Of course I want to take picture and put it into the blog.

Have a nice weekend.

Greetings, Bärbel

Anzeige

rose42
rose42
Mitglied

geschrieben von rose42
als Antwort auf Maxi41 vom 06.03.2015, 14:47:33
I can see: you are supplying yourself with literature for the 3-weeks-cure. Will you have a tablet (?) with you or are you going to make a pause with the ST?
We have not yet made up our minds about holiday this year. These days my spine is aching so hard, that my husband thinks I better took some cure as well. We'll see.
Bye for now!
Rosemarie
Maxi41
Maxi41
Mitglied

geschrieben von Maxi41
als Antwort auf rose42 vom 08.03.2015, 22:15:44
Hello Rosemarie,

I hope your spine gets better.
Yesterday I got an injection in my knee, and it has few effect yet.
On my cure I won´t take a tablet with me. I´m going to make a pause with the ST. In general I never surf the web on my holiday. I have got an old laptop. It´s over 10 years old and out of date. Sometimes it doesn´t work and often blocked. I think I need a new one sometime.

If I have no pain tomorrow I will go to the book fair.

Greetings, Bärbel
yoli
yoli
Mitglied

geschrieben von yoli
als Antwort auf Maxi41 vom 11.03.2015, 14:18:59
Hello Bärbel Rosemarie and of course all who are interested.
Bärbel, you are back again and bring a bronchitis with you. That is bad and take care to cure it proberly.
Rosemarie how is your back now? Have you been to the doctor about it?
Spring is on our way
In front of our block we have large poplar trees in a row about 10 meters apart. We noticed that in two days they have become green. How about nature being perfect!
From Yvonne we heard that she is preparing to move in a new flat. All the very best for you.
Would be nice to have some movements here...*g*

Take care
Yoli

Anzeige

Maxi41
Maxi41
Mitglied

geschrieben von Maxi41
als Antwort auf yoli vom 17.04.2015, 13:02:02
Hi to all,

I´m still ill with bronchitis. On Friday I had to go to the doctor. She prescribed antibiotic. I try to avoid doing too much work in the house. I hope to be fit till the end of the week.
Afterwards I want to write the travel report of my stay in Prerow.
For that I need help from my grandson for the pictures.

Yoli, poplar trees are very tall. Get you enough light in your flat?

Rosemarie, what´s your back? I hope it get better soon.

Bye, Bärbel
bukamary
bukamary
Mitglied

geschrieben von bukamary
Hi Ladies,
I guess that a lot of Users are able to speak/write english. It´s really a pity that only so few are joining this here. It was over a month, that nobody had anything to write.
I would like to join you every now and then. I hope you don`t mind?

bukamary
Maxi41
Maxi41
Mitglied

geschrieben von Maxi41
als Antwort auf bukamary vom 20.04.2015, 20:33:52
Hi bukamary,
WELCOME ABOARD!
It´s a nice surprice to join us here in this forum.
I´m very happy. Perhaps we find an interesting topic to write about.
I want to indruduce myself in a short way. I live in Leipzig. I have been learning English since I´m a pensioner. Therefore I make some mistakes. I´ve got a big family with five grandchildren. It´s happiness, sometimes worry and participate in success and failure.
I´m pleased to hear from you again.
Bye - Bärbel
bukamary
bukamary
Mitglied

geschrieben von bukamary
als Antwort auf Maxi41 vom 21.04.2015, 19:24:13
Hi Bärbel,
Well thank you very much for your heartily welcome.
I guess you want to know something about me: my mother tongue is actually English and 2 other languages – the one of them I can´t speak or write any more, the second one I understand nearly everything but I´m completely out of practice and I´ve got to learn the vocabulary(I never wrote this language. Even with English I´m completely out of practice. Nobody round about me wants to talk. Years ago (at least 3 decades ago) I at least read a book every now and then but I didn´t have the time anymore. That means that I´m quite out of practice too.
I first learnt the German language when I came to Germany with my parents. And I hated this language, I first of all even refused to learn it – well I was about 13 years old and we came to Germany in the middle of a very harsh winter Until then I didn´t know what snow feels like what it feels like when it’s cold and icy.
I Unfortunately I´ve no family, I survived all and my life partner died a few years ago. So I´m on my own. Instead of caring of the family I do some voluntary working. For example I´m speaker of the dementia network and chairwoman in a group for seniors in a neighbouring district. And that sometimes means a lot of work.
But now I´ve told enough about me. It´s hardly believable that you speak/read English for that short time.
Now I´ve written quite a lot. I need something for the next time. I´m quite sure we will find som topics to write about. By the way- I just read that you are a BVB fan - me too!

Have a nice day
Hildegard

Anzeige