rose42
rose42
Mitglied

Re: Purpose of this subforum
geschrieben von rose42
als Antwort auf yoli vom 25.04.2014, 15:09:57
Hi Yoli,
this is an answer to your last contribution in the other forum "English jokes":
Just as you, I went to England when I was 17 - stayed in a family 'au pair', worked in their household in the mornings and went to school in Gloucester in the afternoons. There I met a very nice girlfriend from Switzerland - her name was Berti. She lived with a family from Cheltenham for only 1/2 year and went to France straight after - then we lost contact. I stayed in Gloucester a whole year and I still must think of her and I often wonder, how her life developed later on. I believe she was the daughter of a hotel-owner in the Alp-region.Can't remember if it was Davos or Arosa - I only know that the hotel was on top of the mountain. With my family I have spent quite a few skiing holidays in Switzerland but never in costy hotels, only in chalets.So of course I would never ever had found contact to Berti.
Wouldn't you tell a bit from your England-stay? And where in Switzerland do you live? And - excuse my curiosity - how old are you? Couldn't we have met?
Looking forward to your answer - Rosemarie
yoli
yoli
Mitglied

geschrieben von yoli
als Antwort auf rose42 vom 25.04.2014, 22:00:08
Greetings to you Rosemarie
I was born in June 1942. I live near Zürich.
I went to England when I was 17 and stayed there until the age of 36!
Whilst there I did my Nursing Training, married had 2 children. When the children were 8 and 5 my husband died. I stayed on another 2 years. After that time I moved back to Switzerland. Here I had my mother still and 5 brothers. That was a good decision to make. My son went back to England when grown up and my daughter stayed on and loves both countries equally.
I lived first in Swanage (Dorset) for a year and worked as a scullery maid.
Then I moved to Boscombe near Bournemouth and started working in a hospital. 9 months later, I started my Nurses Training which lasted all in all 5 years, as I hang on the intensive care as well.
I would have remembered you, had I met you
How nice to Exchange memories. They do say, that welling in the past makes happy.
Your turn
or even dear Bärbel to tell something of the past
rose42
rose42
Mitglied

geschrieben von rose42
als Antwort auf yoli vom 26.04.2014, 10:35:08
Dear yoli and dear maxi,
England is the favourit year of my life. I had so many wonderful experiences there - it just makes me dream...there were some negative points, too - I like to forget about them.
But my husband is calling now for his supper - so here I am.
In one of the next days I'll try to let you know some spots of my England-experiences.
Bye for now - Rosemarie

Anzeige

yoli
yoli
Mitglied

geschrieben von yoli
als Antwort auf rose42 vom 26.04.2014, 18:55:29
Greetings Rosemarie, yes I would like to learn more about what you experienced in England. Gibe yourself time, I do have lots of time
Love Yoli
Maxi41
Maxi41
Mitglied

geschrieben von Maxi41
als Antwort auf yoli vom 27.04.2014, 12:43:38
Hi Rosemarie, hi Yoli,
Both of you are so excellent at English! I have to make effort. I´m still learning.
In former GDR there was not opportunity to go to abroud. The foreign language we learned at school was Russian. I dindn´t like it, and now I hardly know anything.
Well, I want zu tell you from the past. I was born in March 1941, grow up and live in Leipzig. I´m married. My two sons were born in 1961 and 1967. I´ve got tree grandsons at the age of 25, 22, and 18 and two granddaughters at the age of 11 and almost 3. Furthermore I have a sister and two brothers. We have much in common, I get well with them. I was a commercial coordinator all my working life. Now I´m pensioner. Soon I want to tell you about my home town.

Yesterday we had the first shower. It was a good feeling, we enjoyed our age-based shower. Tomorrow the plumper is going to install the toilet, sink and heating.

Have a nice evening.
Greetings, Bärbel
rose42
rose42
Mitglied

geschrieben von rose42
als Antwort auf Maxi41 vom 27.04.2014, 17:07:29
Hello dear Maxi,
first of all I feel a bit ashamed of such a compliment from someone who did not have the opportunity to learn the language from childhood on. Actually I wonder how you managed such a big success in that short time, we both are writing to each other: applause to you - you are doing very well! And by the way - my English is not at all excellent - I can express nearly all that I want to, but in a fairly simple way.
You are lucky to have two sons with 5 grandchildren altogether - brothers and sisters, too! What a big family! Neither I nor my husband have sisters and our two children (now 40 and 37) only gave us one grandson. Our son - not married - lives in Munich, in the house of my childhood. With his job and his girlfriend he is so busy, that I see him very seldom. And our daughter lives with her family-in-law outside in a village. She is engaged in the comunity and in the school of her son - so I see her very few times as well.
We have friends here with whom we play cards and go rambling now and then. And after a long pause I've now started a lady's fitness again - I have to do something against my poly-arthrose, which annoyes me a lot.
And now: congratulations to your renewed bathroom. Has it become as beautiful as you wanted it? The pleasure is yours!
Have a nice evening - love from Rosemarie

Anzeige

yoli
yoli
Mitglied

geschrieben von yoli
als Antwort auf rose42 vom 28.04.2014, 17:52:05
Hello Maxi and hello Rosemarie
First of all „you are great“ maxi. The way you communicate in English and the way we understand perfectly well what you are telling us. We are not at school anymore (thank God) so we do not have to correct anybody.
I would love to hear more about both of you. About your childhood and until now. I will tell as well if you like.
So we have DDR, we have Switzerland in the years after the war when we were very poor. We have Rosemarie’s life. How interesting.
I start off with a tiny tale. I was born in my family as 2nd of 5 children. Before my parents were married and each had 2 children. So you see, when I was born I already had 5 brothers and sisters. 3 more came until our parents stopped producing!
So we were 9 altogether. And that in a 3 bedroom flat in the middle of Zürich!
More later
Take care
Yoli

maybe we get a Foto of your new bathroom maxi?
ginabeate
ginabeate
Mitglied

A big hallo to you all
geschrieben von ginabeate
Here is Regina writing who is mostly too lazy to write.My English is " how one say" rusty or out of practice.But it's nice to read all about you.

I am born in Berlin where I lived most of my life. 15 years ago we sold our house and changed the house for an owner-occupied flat. Such a big house and the garden was too much work for me. Now we have only 100 qm living space
and a little garden. Its really enough for two persons and a little dog. Although I am now a " Brandenburgerin " I live only two kilometre from south of Berlin in a 3 family-house.In front of the house are fields. But what I miss most are trees or bushes. Around me are fields,fields and fields again. No shadows, eiteher it's too sunny or too windy. No water where the dog can swim. Except, I go by car.

I think I told you enough for today. Have a very nice evening and bye,bey till next time Regina
rose42
rose42
Mitglied

Re: A big hallo to you all
geschrieben von rose42
als Antwort auf ginabeate vom 28.04.2014, 20:41:16
Hello Regina,
I'm glad, that you decided to join us again - it's an enrichment for our pen-friendship.
I've never been to Berlin - it is surely a very intresting town.
You mustn't regret your moving to the outskirts of Berlin (without bushes or trees): You could plant some by yourself when you live on the ground floor. If not, just plant one or two within your sight! My children once discovered a tiny little plant in our garden with interesting red leaves. They looked after it and could watch it growing very quickly. Within a short time it was a very big tree with little fruits like cherries. People say, you could even eat and cook them - well, the birds love them at least. And the tree looks ever so beautiful when spring is coming until autumn. And best of all: The birds had planted it by eating and dropping the fruits.
And to my person: I was born and grown up in Munich - like both my parents and grandparents were. But when we married, Munich was so terribly expensive that my husband and I looked for a place of our own near to, but outside of Munich, and we found Fürstenfeldbruck. By car it needs 35 km and more than 1/2 hour or by the S-Bahn 25 minutes to get into town. And after some time to get used to a little town we now feel very comfortable here. Here we even have several senior-residences (just in case I go ga-ga..
and couldn't stay on my own or with my husband. )
Okay, that's good enough for today - tomorrow we have a ST-meeting in Munich and bevor that I want to see the museum of ethnology in Munich with its actual exhibition.
So: Good night to Regina and Maxi and Yoli! Love - Rosemarie
Maxi41
Maxi41
Mitglied

Re: A big hallo to you all
geschrieben von Maxi41
als Antwort auf rose42 vom 28.04.2014, 21:27:35
Hello to the community!

Welcome back, Regina! I´m glad to join us.
Rosemarie, you are in Munich today. Will you tell us about the ST-meeting?
Yoli, sure I will take a photo of my renewed bathroom when it is comprehensive with a cupboard and shelf I ordered. Well, Im relieved and satisfied with the bath.
Have a nice evening.
Bärbel

Anzeige