English Purpose of this subforum

rose42
rose42
Mitglied

Re: Purpose of this subforum
geschrieben von rose42
als Antwort auf Maxi41 vom 08.02.2014, 13:44:10
Hello everybody,
I took Bärbels hint to look up the press: "Die Welt" made a big report over the mishap with the electricity in Sotchi. First they make their readers believe that it was an attack and a few lines later they give a hint to the possibility, that it might have been only a lack in the electricity just as well!!!
How miserable of those journalists, always to push forward such suspicions! The games are to help to more understanding and sympathy. For us it was clearly only an accident and we pitied the electricians, who might loose their jobs therefore.
And to Dörte: the Semper Opernball wasn't as good as I expected it to be - I expected something similar to the Wiener Opernball, which always is a real highlight. The one in Dresden was more like a revue. The orchestra was okay but the singers were middle-class, and they showed even an illusionist and quite a few VIPs ...
The only really excelent point was the speech of queen Sylvia from Sweden, who canvassed for UNESCO and for educating medicals to help demented people. After that I switched off.
Bye for now says Rosemarie
Regenwurm
Regenwurm
Mitglied

geschrieben von Regenwurm
als Antwort auf Maxi41 vom 08.02.2014, 13:44:10
Hello all together,

Dörte, my husband plays in a orchestra. The name of the orchestra is called: Modern Wind Orchestra. The orchestra has often given concerts. In March they will play in the carnival parade.
Nice that you have so much fun with your grandson.

I have not followed the Olympic Games on TV. I`M finding out about the sport only during the news on TV.

Today I visited my parents. My father has dementia and parkinson.

A nice Sunday to all

Greetings Gaby
Maxi41
Maxi41
Mitglied

geschrieben von Maxi41
Hello!
Today I was to a concert of classical music. The conducter was Kristjan Järvi. The most importent part was the music by Carel Kraayenhof. He is a componist and a bandoneonist and the best world famous tango player from Argentina. It was great! The concert leaved a lasting impression for me.
Greeting! Bärbel

Anzeige

Regenwurm
Regenwurm
Mitglied

geschrieben von Regenwurm
als Antwort auf Maxi41 vom 09.02.2014, 19:26:50
Hello Bärbel,
nice that you have attended this concert. You write full euphoria.
The concert will long remain in your memory

A nice evening and a good start into the next week for all!!!

Greetings Gaby
rose42
rose42
Mitglied

geschrieben von rose42
als Antwort auf Maxi41 vom 09.02.2014, 19:26:50
Hello Bärbel,
It surely was a wonderful evening for you - congratulations! We always watch musical programs on TV and we adore the Argentinian bandoneonists, they are great performers! I will try to find a clip of your concert on the internet.
Have a good night and sweet dreams of magical music! Rosemarie
Maxi41
Maxi41
Mitglied

geschrieben von Maxi41
Hi Rosemarie,
on Sunday the concert in Gewandhaus Leipzig took place at 11 in the morning, if you look for this performance in the internet.
Today the weather is sunny. I put some twigs of forsythia in my living room. So I´ve a feeling of spring.
Have a nice week. Bärbel

Anzeige

rose42
rose42
Mitglied

geschrieben von rose42
als Antwort auf Maxi41 vom 10.02.2014, 13:09:05
Good idea Bärbel! I'll get me some forsythies, too.
And the Dresdner Opernball I saw live when it took place. Next concert I'm looking for is a Boogie/Blues-concert here - live on March 15th. We heared them first in Vienna and bought a few CDs which are simply gorgeous. With that music in the air I feel like singing and dancing - just like in my thirties.
What sort of music do you like?
Love from Rosemarie
Maxi41
Maxi41
Mitglied

geschrieben von Maxi41
als Antwort auf rose42 vom 10.02.2014, 17:07:26
Hello Rosemarie,
I like classical music. It´s very relaxing. But other sort of music, too.
Today the weather was like spring. The laundry was drying in the sun. They are forecasting no winter the next time. I don´t need it any more.
Have a nice evening.
Bärbel
rose42
rose42
Mitglied

geschrieben von rose42
als Antwort auf Maxi41 vom 11.02.2014, 19:38:06
Hello Bärbel,
there are just a few minutes to spend for ST: I do like classical music, most of it but not all. But for everyday music I prefer boogie-woogie, blues, classic jazz and what I stricty refuse is the so-called "folks-music" - it's simply stupid. In March we are going to a blues concert of a band who we first met in Vienna. I'm very much looking forward to it. It will be great!
Now it's TV-time - bye bye - Rosemarie
Maxi41
Maxi41
Mitglied

geschrieben von Maxi41
als Antwort auf rose42 vom 11.02.2014, 19:51:16
Hi Rosemarie, I can´t stand folk music, too.
To all together, I´m fascinate of the Olymic Games and I´m sitting in front of TV to follow the competition. I spent to much time for it.
Have a nice evening! Bärbel

Anzeige