Forum Fremdsprachen English Purpose of this subforum

English Purpose of this subforum

ginabeate
ginabeate
Mitglied

Re: Purpose of this subforum
geschrieben von ginabeate
Hi, Dörte,I'll try to answer your questions. My English course is nearly the same. Only one new member. All together we are 16 pupils. But the other are much better than me. They speak Englsh nearly perfectly. Its very difficult for me to follow them, but it force me to pay close attention. Our subjects are different.All news which happen in the world. Sometimes we look an English film,sometime an English trial.
Dörte, I had to sop now, because a friend is come. Unexpected. Till soon Regina
ginabeate
ginabeate
Mitglied

[size=14]Hi, Bärbel just short ago, I wrote a PN to you, with the suggestion to write here in this category.I stoped long ago to do something in a foreign language. That's why I have most of my knowledge forgotten. [/size
I read a lot. Unfortunatly not English. I am too lazy. But I think next semester I'll go again to an adult education centre. I went there a long time.But this course is very difficult. ] But it's the only one which I like very much. We mostly speak, look TV , read article of newspapers and speak about all the news which happened in the world. It's a nice group. But all the other members are much better than me and much younger.

OK, maybe till next time Regina
Maxi41
Maxi41
Mitglied

geschrieben von Maxi41
als Antwort auf ginabeate vom 31.01.2014, 14:17:16
Hi Regina,
I already noticed nobody is writing in the group "English for beginners". So I want to concentrate on this category.
I read a lot, too. Sometimes in English. But writing ist more difficult than read. When I read a book I understand usually that, sometimes I look up the word in the dictionary if I don´t know what it means. Nevertheless I´m not perfect !!
Have a nice weekend.
Greetings to all of you.
Bärbel

Anzeige

Praline1
Praline1
Mitglied

geschrieben von Praline1
als Antwort auf Maxi41 vom 01.02.2014, 13:40:55
Hi Bärbel,

I really appreciate your coming in this group. It`s only a long time ago somebody was writing here. I must admit I don`t read English books. My English knowledge results from school - many years ago.

But nevertheless I read a lot - but in German. At the moment my favourite author is Tamara McKingley writing about Australia.

It would be nice to hear from you again.

Kind regards,
Dörte
rose42
rose42
Mitglied

geschrieben von rose42
Hello everybody,
as long as I am a member of this ST, I've been looking for an English comunity and finally found this here today. Quite interesting, that so many "oldies" talk English but don't dare to write a few words. Are they all afraid of making mistakes? Probably we are all beginners - more or less. So what?
I would like to join and increase this comunity in order to share and discuss everyday items.
As to my person: I am living near Munich - married - two grown-up children and one grandson - like to ramble with friends - play cards - love music and reading books (including English ones). What else? Just ask me...
Looking forward to your answers I am yours Rosemarie
Maxi41
Maxi41
Mitglied

geschrieben von Maxi41
als Antwort auf Praline1 vom 02.02.2014, 22:52:01
Hi Dörte,

sometimes I read book´s in English language, but more in German.
I want to recommend you to read "A Child called "It" by Dave Pelzer. It´s a true story of one child´s courage to survive and easy to read. The title in German is "Sie nannten mich "Es". Surely I´ll this book indroduce again.

Yours, Bärbel

Anzeige

Maxi41
Maxi41
Mitglied

geschrieben von Maxi41
als Antwort auf rose42 vom 04.02.2014, 17:38:19
Hi Rosemarie, hi everybody,

ok, perhaps we can stimulate this forum.

I want to indroduce myself, too.
I`m married, I have got 2 sons, 3 grandsons and 2 granddaughters. I live in Leipzig nearly 73 years ago.
I like reading, cycling. I often go on a cycling holiday.
Next time more.

Bärbel
rose42
rose42
Mitglied

Reading English books
geschrieben von rose42
als Antwort auf Maxi41 vom 04.02.2014, 19:14:02
Dave Pelzer: "It" - I have tested a view pages of your recommended book. It is hard stuff and thinking that it's not anyone's phantasy but a real biology makes it even worse. This Dave Pelzer must have had a horrifying childhood. Don't think that I shall read it - it would mean nightmares for me.
Try to read "Killing a mocking bird" or in German "Wer die Nachtigall stört". The novel describes a childhood in the Southern States of America dealing with the problems that negroes had in former days. Very fascinating, cruel too, but altogether with a very positive touch.
Have a good time with a true pageturner! Rosemarie
ginabeate
ginabeate
Mitglied

only a short morning -greeting. First I had to go with Lilly, my Parson-Jack-Russell dog.Its late today and she is waiting for me. But it's really nice to read that suddenly, sombody will write here after a long break .Unfortunatly, I have forgtten most of my English.

Bye,bye till next time Regina
Maxi41
Maxi41
Mitglied

geschrieben von Maxi41
als Antwort auf ginabeate vom 05.02.2014, 09:23:22
Today the weather was fantastic, so we went by bike on the lake near Leipzig. The sun was shining, the snow melting. After our tour we felt very well.
Greetings, Bärbel

Anzeige