Forum Fremdsprachen English how about just conversation?

English how about just conversation?

rose42
rose42
Mitglied

RE: how about just conversation?
geschrieben von rose42
als Antwort auf yoli vom 12.02.2020, 15:13:07

Hi Yoli,
these days I spend lots of time with the TV because of the "Munich Security" Meeting where there are the most important politicians and  VIPs discussing. It is ever so interesting and makes one hoping for a better future - if they agree somehow on making peace. Of course I avoid going to Munich this weekend because of the security preparations. The center is hopelessly overcrowded - so I hang on TV. This afternoon the organizer Isching had a long interview with Zuckerberg with a great audience. And he said, that Mark Zuckerberg with his millions of users  is member of the world's most important persons of the world!
Let's hope that this meeting makes the mighty purposefully act for freedom.
Rosemarie

yoli
yoli
Mitglied

geschrieben von yoli
als Antwort auf rose42 vom 15.02.2020, 19:20:38

Hi Rose
there you go….here in Switzerland we seem to hear all day long what Trump is doing. To be honest .. I seldom disliked a Politician that much before!
I will though have a look and listen into Affairs Munich.
I dolike having contact wil you folks here. It opens a different world for me. I dol like to be informed all around if posiible.
Have a nice Sunday Rose and “just hang loose”
That is an expression my young ones use a lot or I am just “chilling” One has to be in with the time! ..laugh
Greetings Yoli

yoli
yoli
Mitglied

geschrieben von yoli
als Antwort auf Virginia vom 21.01.2020, 13:55:30

Hello Virginia
I have been thinking a lot about your words above and what I like to tell you. There is such a lot and I start at the beginning.
Once more about acting according to my age. Here I had to laugh out loud…no no no  I will never manage that. Maybe I have to adapt the statement…according to my present health condition.
That and now a bit about my knee
Yes I am walking well and won’t acknowledge that it still hurts! Be like a scout and don’t feel anything.
Sometimes I get a bit ruffled up with my beloved husband and fortunately he knows why.
You sound a busy lady. Good for you!
I will see some of your Easter creation? Yes?Me! I get bored easily!  I had so many  pastimes and hobbies.Now that I am a bit physically disabled I long to get out and do things. But that has to wait. Have to get the drive of my body in order. I did a lot of voluntary work..visiting old people. That gets less as time passes as some of them die away.
Then my Husband called Emil and I go singing in a dialect Ticino choir. That takes some time but is enjoyable I had a English conversation class until the end of autumn. I am not sure if I want to keep that up again in the next time.
Then.we go travelling a lot. We have a campervan and a trailer with a Smart on it. If poss..we are away at leats 3 – 4 months a year.
Once more about the 2 of the ladies I visit in the nursing home where I worked last.
The one called Bethli is 94 yrs old. She still can recite “Schillers Glocke”. She is fantastic! The other one is Alice the oldest lady of Switzerland. Once in a month I take them in the car to a nice place not far away so they get out once in a while.-
I try to put a foto in of the two of them
3 Ex- Nurses I worked with I visit only sporadic. Now 1 of them has died age 64.. That is life or as here..not life!.
Yes I will put together a few episodes of happenings as I worked as a Nurse. That was all in all more than 50 years.
Till soon again…..Love to hear from you Virginia
Take care Yoli

Have to search the Foto of the two old ladies first

Anzeige

yoli
yoli
Mitglied

geschrieben von yoli
als Antwort auf yoli vom 16.02.2020, 12:14:05

rechts Bethli Alter 93.jpg

Here is a Foto of the two ladies I visit. right is Bethli age 94 and left Alice age 112..amazing!!!
Virginia
Virginia
Mitglied

geschrieben von Virginia
als Antwort auf yoli vom 16.02.2020, 12:26:02

Dear Yoli,

I thoroughly enjoyed your message and am very happy that you have decided not to act according to your age 😄. You are a very active and energetic person and that is all that counts! Act as you feel!!!
Being so active, I can well understand that you are getting quite fidgety to go out. Have a bit more patience with yourself 😁. Maybe you can find other pastimes that do not require so much running around?

Knee operations take their time. Various friends are having similar troubles and undergoing operations. All of them are not happy about the long time that it takes to heal. I myself am having first troubles with one knee. I had an MRT examination, but everything is fine. Next week a CT and then we will see … Maybe it is some kind of false strain on the knee.
I hope your pains are not too bad? You shouldn’t be overactive right now 😁. You are lucky that you have such an understanding husband.

You wrote that you had been travelling. Where did you go to? I imagine that travelling with your camper including Smart is perfect for your momentary situation of health?

Thank you for the picture of Alice and Bethli. They are definitely unbelievable! I have a very good memory, but I can’t recite all verses of Schillers Glocke 😂😂😂. And your activities with both of them are really great.  It seems that you were perfect for the profession of nursing!

I am quite busy as well. Last year I had decided to scan all family pictures (over 3.000) and that took me approx. 8 months. My new project is establishing a music archive. There are so many good songs that you don’t  hear anymore. This „extensive“ project is definitely taking up very much time.

Looking forward to your next message –

Best,
Virginia

Weekend.jpg

yoli
yoli
Mitglied

geschrieben von yoli

A sunny hello to you all
how is that Corona treating you?
Here in Switzerland we have a lot of ill people. It stated in the south of Switzerland called the sun lounge.
I kept an eye on the numbers of ill starting at the beginning of march. Just terrible!
181     652     815     867     1125   1395   2200   2330   3028
On the 7th march we had 181
And then progressing until today the 18th  to  3028
In 11 days a lot can happen.
Now, we sit mostly at home, just as in Germany everything is closed down, just the shops have opened.
Of course it is not clever to go into a shop with Fibrosis.. me. So I stay outside and my husband goes to do the buying. He likes it better than I do, so it does not bother me much.
To be honest I hate not seeing people. As a nurse I had a lot of humans around me and now after I retired I kept it up…seeing a lot of people and doing things together.
Yesterday I just cried a lot because I realised what it means not seeing our children and the little ones and friends at all.
How are you experiencing that all?
I love to hear from you.
Virginia, you will get a reply to your last input here. I promise.
Take care all of you.
Love Yoli

Anzeige

geschrieben von ehemaliges Mitglied
als Antwort auf yoli vom 18.03.2020, 22:42:19

Hello everyone,  I made myself very comfortable in my tiny house here in the Eifel. It's a tiny little village and it consists only of small wooden houses in which older residents live, mostly alone. Anyone who lives here is an individualist and likes to be alone. That's why it doesn't hit us all so hard that we should stay at home, because we live so  beautifully with our little homes and gardens in the middle of the green.

For months now I have  my fresh vegetables, farm bread, cheese and milk products delivered from a nearby farm shop or I still like to go there to do some shopping. The farmer is very friendly and she always has great fun with my 2 pugs, which are very crazy with fresh goat milk directly from the goat :-)
My granddaughter Lili is with me. She is actually studying in Trier, but the University was also shut down  because of Corona, initially until April 20. Here with me, she has peace to continue studying and to prepare for her exam. We two like each other very much and have a lot of fun together. Because we both love to cook and bake and eat :-) I wouldn't be sad to put on a few extra pounds, because I had fallen below the 50kg limit in December and that's definitely not enough for my size. meanwhile I am back at 54.4 kg but there should be a few more.

so long

Mare

yoli
yoli
Mitglied

geschrieben von yoli
als Antwort auf Virginia vom 29.02.2020, 12:43:51

Dear Virginia

I keep on reading your last letter here in the forum.
Have you any results of the CT of your knee?
You know it helps a little to talk about oneself. But after a while I get bored…hihih.. because I know it all and want to hear new things¨
You ask about travelling. Did I tell about the month we spent in Sardinia.
It was beautiful but boring as I could not walk much. Even though the sun shone nd the water in the seaside was just about warm enough not get in.
That was with the camper and the little smart we pull behind us on a trailer.
ON ten 21.Jan. we flew to Agadir in mOrocco in a hotel and stayed 3 weeks. Too long.
It should have been a 4 star place but so old that one could imagine if your imagination is good, how it has been years ago.
It had a spa and 3 swimming pools and one own place down at the beach.
Lovely??
No The pools were ok for the sea gulls otherwise too cold, the sea side was a windy place and the sea of course..brrrr…cold. Now the SPA. OK it had a fitness room. 6 machines. 2 of the working.  That was acceptable. The inside pool was empty. Asked why? Just defect. Two lovely ladies were there the whole day with nothing to do
For the first time in my life I had my nails done. Sort of square shape, looked great. Two days later one nail just broke and the whole lot had to be cut again..
Does anyone know the song
 We're busy doin' nothin'
Workin' the whole day through
Tryin' to find lots of things not to do
We're busy goin' nowhere
Isn't it just a crime
We'd like to be unhappy, but
We never do have the time
I have to watch the river
To see that it doesn't stop
And stick around the rosebuds
So they'll know when to pop
And keep the crickets cheerful
They're really a solemn bunch
Hustle, bustle
And only an hour for lunch
It goes on, bt you can find it in the wide net.

The restaurant was fine. Good food, lovely people working there.
Needless to say that is was twice that we were there. The first and the last time.
That I have from my Husband Emil!
Virginia about your music archive. We have a lot of notes from when we played  a keyboard and me years ago the Guitar.
If I can help you with anything? We don’t know what to do with them.
Much love and take care.
Yoli

yoli
yoli
Mitglied

geschrieben von yoli

here is a song that fits perfectly to thge time we have now by staying at Home

Text
La-la-la-la-la-la
La-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la
La-la-la-la-la-la
We're busy doin' nothin'
We're busy goin' nowhere
Isn't it just a crime
I have to watch the river
To see that it doesn't stop
And stick around the rosebuds
So they'll know when to pop
And keep the crickets cheerful
They're really a solemn bunch
Hustle, bustle
And only an hour for lunch
La-la-la-la-la-la
La-la-la-la-la-la
We're busy doin' nothin'
We're busy goin' nowhere
Isn't it just a crime
I have to wake the Sun up
He's liable to sleep all day
And then inspect the rainbows
So they'll be bright and gay
I must rehearse the songbirds
To see that they sing in key
Hustle, bustle
And never a moment free
We're busy doin' nothin'
We're busy going nowhere
Isn't it just a crime
I have to meet a turtle
I'm teachin' him how to swim
Then I have to shine the dewdrops
You know they're looking rather dim
I told my friend, the robin
I'd buy him a brand new vest
Hustle, bustle
We never do have
We never do have
We never do, never do
Never do, never do, never do have the time
Never do have the time
Quelle: LyricFind
Songwriter: Jimmy Heusen-Van / Johnny Burke
Songtext von Busy Doing Nothing © Warner Chappell Music, Inc
yoli
yoli
Mitglied

geschrieben von yoli
als Antwort auf yoli vom 19.03.2020, 20:39:01

the above song we sang almost 3 times a week in a pub in Langton Matravers near Swanage in England.
Susi and I were there as girls to help in a Pre School for boys, working in  the kitchen and everywhere else. Susi brought a Hohner Accordion. She had a lovely voice and I could play that Thing. So we entertained the men and women of that restaurant 3  times a week and git free drinks. That was a lovely time

Anzeige